This curry can be made a day ahead; keep covered in refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 kg rump steak cut into strips
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 300gm tin chopped tomato
- 1 cup water
- 1/2-1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onions, stir over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Stir in garam masala, turmeric and ginger, cook for a further minute.
- Stir in steak pieces, stir over a high heat until steak is well browned all over. Stir in tomato and water, bring to boil and reduce heat, simmer, covered, for about15 minutes and then add broccoli and simmer for another 15 minutes until the stead is tender; make sure to stir occasionally during cooking.
- Serve on a bed of greens, or rice if preferred.